Saturday 21 February 2015

2.

      When thou commandest me to sing it seems that my heart would break with pride; and look to thy face,and tears come to my eyes.

          All that is harsh and dissonant in my life melts into one sweet harmony - and my adoration spreads wings like a glad bird on its flight across the sea.

         I know thou takest pleasure in my singing . I know that only as a singer I come before thy presence .

         I touch by the edge of the far- spreading wing of my song thy feet which I could never aspire to reach.

       Drunk with the joy of singing I forget myself and call thee friend who art my lord.


          Words to understand :

1. DISSONANT :  (Dissonance) Lack of agreement or harmony between things.

2. Adoration : It is a feeling of great admiration and love for someone and something.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment